Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What Working Out At Home Did For Me

 At home workouts have completely changed the way that I do things.  Besides the obvious of not needing to go to a gym to workout, and not bothering with traffic to get there, or whether a machine is going to be taken that I really want to use, working out at home has really transformed my thoughts along with my body. 

At one point in my life, not too long ago, I use to rely on everyone.  I constantly was the person that waited around for someone to give me an answer.  I always felt like I needed someone to help guide me along the way.  Now I know that even while doing the workout from the house there is a trainer telling me what to do and explaining proper techniques, however there is a huge element that is being overlooked.  I have to take the initiative to press the play button. 

In years past I would get to the gym and find myself socializing or spending more time wondering about what other people thought about my workout instead of just going at it full throttle.  Not to mention the fact that I never really had a set plan.  Of course I read to do this and that on a certain day, but I never had a start or finish to my program. 

Now that I have started and finished programs like Insanity and P90X, I find myself looking to take more initiative in other parts of my life.  I have the confidence now to know I can do anything that I choose to do.  It may sound cliché but it is true.  I have taken up other things at home, like my personal trainer certification.  I have formed a strong belief in myself and know that it all stemmed from a small workout program I ordered just to get in shape.  I got much more with the purchase and it only keeps getting more and more rewarding. 

So besides the fact that working out at home saves me time and money, I have grown to become much more self-reliable.  Would this have happened without ever doing at home workouts?  Perhaps it would have.  All I know is from 2009 until now, without P90X and Insanity, I would not be where I am today. 

That process began the path to owning myself.  What path will get you there?  Take time to think about it.  What do you really want?   What is stopping you?

Own yourself! Run your life

No comments:

Post a Comment