Wednesday, January 5, 2011

First Week of a New Life


So here we are not even one week into the New Year and I am wondering to myself, “how many of us are still doing what we wrote down on our resolution lists”?  I know that I have already caught myself almost messing up.  I mean lets face it, no one is perfect by any means but I want to at least last a week before I make a mistake and have to get up and hop right back on the path.

I am currently waking up earlier to make sure that I accomplish my personal development.  It is important to me to make sure that I dedicate time to becoming a better person and understanding myself more.  How else am I going to help others go to the next level in their life if I don’t work on getting to the next level in mine right? 

I know that in order for us to get more out of life we have to grow.  I mean you take anything that we have, from a computer to your kids toy box, if there is too much in the computer or toy box then how can you possibly keep fitting new items in either one?  We need to grow.  What are you doing to make sure that you are growing?  Just think about doing little things everyday. 

In Jeff Olson’s “The Slight Edge”, Jeff talks about doing little things everyday and watching them grow. I really never thought of it like that until reading his book.  I always thought of doing a lot at a time or just don’t do it at all.   How many of us see a book and think about reading it but then put it down and say I just don’t have time to do anything?  I mean you see this 500 plus page book and just the thought of 500 pages makes your neck hairs stick up.  I now look at every book as 10 pages a day.  If you read 10 pages everyday how many pages can you get in one whole year?  Seven 500 plus page books can be read in one year by doing this.  Jeff Olson really opened my eyes with that idea.

So my point is that it is going to take some time to get to your resolution.  Nothing happens over night.  Be patient and always focused on what it is you really want.  You don’t have to be perfect, but what you need is persistence and a final goal.  Take every thing one step at a time and remember what it is you really want.

Own yourself! Run your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment