Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Finding Your Purpose


How many times have you said you wanted to do something and then you not follow through and do it?  For me that answer use to be all the time.  I use to find myself always wondering where my “will power” was or why I didn’t have enough motivation to follow through on something.  I know that over time I have become much better at actually following through on what I intended on doing. 

What has turned me around?  I believe it has been the fact that I have found purpose in all that I want to accomplish.  Let’s face it, if you had a pile of dishes and you saw no point in why they should get done, the chances of them getting done are very slim.  But if you can find a sense of purpose behind it, the ratio goes much higher than slim.  If you can look at those dishes and ask why do I need to do them?  Then ask how will this make others in the house feel?  Now you should have a better understanding of what those dishes being cleaned will mean for you and for the people around you.

I know that dishes are pretty simple, so let’s take waking up an extra hour to make sure you can attain what it is you really want.  For those who want to get healthy and fit but are unable to find the time during their busy day to do so, why not wake up?  If it is a high enough goal, 45 minutes earlier a day won’t mean much.  But if you just think about the concept of waking up early to wake up, is there any purpose to it?

Ask yourself why you want to workout? What kind of feeling is that going to bring to you for the day and in the long run?  It is what we ask ourselves that can get us our purpose.  We can find purpose in anything if we ask the right questions.  Now does working out seem more achievable now that you have asked questions that will give you some real reason for doing it in the first place? 

Now think about what it is you have been putting off, or have found a hard time really being able to get into a constant flow with doing.  Figure out your why?  Why do you want to do this?  What is going to happen if you do this?  These two questions will help you find your purpose.  And when you find your purpose, well that will change your actions from a “should do” to a “must do”!

Own yourself! Run your life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment