Saturday, December 25, 2010

What a Difference a Year Makes!

Prioritizing my life has made such a difference in just one year.  It has been a constant battle to make sure that I do what it is that really benefits my life and not focus on the million other things that are not as substantial.

So what is it that would make you happy and fulfilled with a great life?  Where do you want to be with your career?  Your Relationships?  Your health?  I know that one year ago I wanted one thing and did not have what it was that I desired.  I wanted to be really fit.  The kind of fit that you see on the beaches.  I wanted to actually run my own business.  I had all kinds of ideas when it came to ventures, but none of the ideas had ever been put into motion and nothing was planned for accomplishing anything.  I wanted everyone around me that I knew to have a great relationship that had substance to it.  Not just the phony hi and bye when we see each other, rather genuine happiness when we get around one another.

I looked at what I wanted and what I was doing.  Sadly the priority list did not match up with the want list. So slowly throughout time, day in and day out I worked on the list.  At first I focused on one of my wants and made sure that I did something everyday to strive towards getting my want to become a reality.  Working out became an everyday routine.  My nutrition also changed, knowing that it was going to be pointless if I worked out and did not do what was needed in the kitchen to achieve the want of a beach body.

Later, once my fitness was coming into place, I focused on my relationships.  I began really listening to others and making their happiness my happiness.  I made it a point everyday to make sure that I had a great conversation with someone close to me.  Not a shoot the crap type conversation.  One that had depth and meaning behind it.  One that involved discussions about life and purpose.  Slowly I realized that my connection with those closest to me evolved into something more than just hi and bye.  I began to know the people around me and really see what they wanted and what their goals and beliefs are.

Finally, I focused on my business wants.  I have always wanted to start something and watch it grow into a solid revenue stream.  In July I made the decision to stop thinking and start doing.  It is now just December and in this small amount of time I find that my wants are soon to become a reality if I just continue doing the little things everyday.  I focus on helping others get into the best shape and reach their goals.  What started as a thought has helped me reach more people already than I would have had I never took that first step or had I not put it high on my priority list.

So where do you go from here?  With the New Year coming up and the resolutions building in our head,   the first step is to get down on paper what it is that you really want.  What drives you?  What are you happiest doing, or better yet, if money was not an issue what would you love to do as a profession?  Are you happy with your relationships?  Are you wanting to lose weight or gain muscle?  If so give yourself an exact amount and a deadline to reach it.  It is time to start doing what it is that makes us feel happy and all you have to do is take the first step... WRITE IT DOWN.

Own yourself!  Run your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment